Chipper / Shredders

Hello all,
Well, Fall is coming and I want to be sure I wont get caught in between huge mountain of leaves in my yard. I have about 1 acre of land here in Arkansas with about maybe 10 to 15 trees on the back of this land. I'm thinking of buying a chipper shredder (I'm outdoors fan so I will have no problem chipping and shredding as long as that yard is looking organized and clean. I've been researching, doing the homework and I found out the following chippers, the PATRIOT CSV 3060 , the YARDBEAST 1020RX , and some in ebay, used, such as TROY BILT AND BEARCAT 70080. Well the thing is, should I buy New or Used? and what brand should I pick? I like the Yardbeast and Bearcat in particular because of the nice colors, but I've heard a lot of good things of the others one as well. Please help!.

Buying a chipper/shredder based on what color you like best? O-kay.
Personally I'd go with a machine that emphasized shredding, but also chipped, such as this http://mackissic.com/consumer/csconsumer/chipper_shredder_consumer1.htm . I'm hoping to get one of these next spring.
I do wish I'd bought a Kemp back when they were around.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

The mackissics hold up well Downside to any is yoy gotta pick the leaves up Of course you could just mow the leaves.

LOL
If primarily leaves and twigs with some larger stuff, I'd recommend one that looks much like and is used like a push mower. It sucks up the leaves and twigs, chews them up and bags the output. Much easier than picking up all that stuff yourself and stuffing it into the chute, etc.
Of course if you are talking about significant branches, etc. then you might want something intended to do significant chipping. I recommend something that will handle a 4" branch. Anything that big is firewood, but if the machine will handle it then you have a workable margin for the 2" and smaller stuff that you'll want to chip.
sdb
--
What's seen on your screen? http://PcScreenWatch.com
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com