Centipedes -- god awful smell?

Pretty sure I've finally solved this mystery and looking for confirmation -- a horrible smell in my house, only in spring/summer and especially when the soil is wet. I live near a woodland area.
So, last year I concluded it was the soil because I could smell it gardening.
Than, last week, I was in the shower and there was a centipede on the tub floor about 2" long and black in color.
Stepped on it and holy crap -- that odor hit me and strong.
Found another the other day -- put it in a glass and immediately smelled the same thing.
Anyone else? And is the most putrid odor or what?
On Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:00:29 PM UTC-4, mkr5000 wrote:

horrible smell in my house, only in spring/summer and especially when the soil is wet. I live near a woodland area.

starting to think these may be millipedes ?
small diameter, about 2" long dark brown or black (can't tell).
live in midwest.
On 5/23/2013 12:10 PM, mkr5000 wrote:

a horrible smell in my house, only in spring/summer and especially when the soil is wet. I live near a woodland area.

Got me interested:
http://apps.caes.uga.edu/urbanag/Home&Garden/indexFS.cfm?storyid%29
Here it is stink bugs. If you don't have in your area yet, you will ;)
On Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:38:29 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

-- a horrible smell in my house, only in spring/summer and especially when the soil is wet. I live near a woodland area.

Great link -- definitely millipedes -- and you should smell these bastards. Related to Lobster?
Get out. lol