Catskill Spring

I get tired of everyone using this only for a dumping ground for their gardening problems, sometimes it would be nice to see posts of achievement. My gardening is doing fabulously this spring. I'm planning something crabapple in my future, but while I'm waiting I can enjoy the view:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2hwk4l2.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/4qsqro.jpg
Pears are nice too:
http://i43.tinypic.com/o3ds4.jpg
Got all my mowing done yesterday, just in time before the rains came, those guys don't care:
http://i39.tinypic.com/e7jldv.jpg
The end:
http://i44.tinypic.com/azb13k.jpg
Brooklyn1 wrote:

Loverly blossom. Do they fruit or are they just ornamental?

OK, I'll make small positive report: My adorable baby spinach is about ready for me to pick outer leaves for salad.* Ditto my lettuce, multi-colored, planted too close together, begging me to thin and use. My green onions are VERY slow to emerge, but showing a little. My carrots didn't germinate, so gotta start over. About to put in corn. A few melons from last year showed up, uninvited but welcome.
* does this work for spinach as it does for lettuce?
HB
Higgs Boson wrote:

Yes.
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

All crabapples fruit, some larger more edible fruit than others. That crabapple is malus "cardinal", will have deep purple foliage and medium sized fruit. I've tried eating its fruit but it's much too tart, the birds eat it. I bought those trees mainly for their blossoms and open growth habit. The pear is ornamental; Redspire... again the fruit is small, birds eat it. Being near the road those trees stop traffic better than a stop sign.