Care of young polyanthus plants

We have lots of small, 3" high, young Polyanthus plants, bought from a nursery as small plugs, in late August, and wonder if it is safe to plant them out now in November, at the start of a UK winter, south coast of England. Any advice please?
Cheers Joan

My apologies about the above blank message but pressed the wrong key. Assuming your Polyanthus is of the normal hardy type then they will be quite safe to plant at any time from now. Dig in some humus if available and add a handful of organic fertiliser for each square yard for best results. Some Primroses [P.vulgaris] are already showing colour in South West UK but will be at their best March/April. Best Wishes.