Care of Stargazer after it bloomed????

OK, the Stargazer has bloomed and the petals have fallen. What should be done now? Any way to encourage another bloom this year?

It is a situation that calls for benign neglect. When it dies back (which mine have done already) cut it off at the ground.
<< Subject: Re: Care of Stargazer after it bloomed???? From: "Vox Humana" >> << It is a situation that calls for benign neglect. When it dies back (which mine have done already) cut it off at the ground. >> ____Reply Separator_____
Thanks!
feed it bulb food (a teaspoon is fine, worked into the soil around where the bulb is) in the fall.......... madgardener
--
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.

I have no seed pods on either plant. The blossoms lasted close to two weeks then fell off petal by petal.

Same here. I have red and yellow. They didn't set seed. I cut them back today when I did some general clean-up and weeding. They bloomed around the second week in June and they died back to the ground already. My sister who lives in NE Ohio said that hers are blooming now.
TOM KAN PA wrote:

Sorry Tom, there isn't a way to force them to bloom again this season. The only thing I do to mine is mix some bulb food with the soil when I plant my fall bulbs (usually late October; the Stargazers are in the same bed as the spring bulbs).
The Stargazer's foliage will die back so don't worry when you see it turn brown. You do need to keep an eye on it and if it you a seed pod forming you want to break it off (it saps strength from the bulb).
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850
What is a seed pod and what does it look like?