bulb question

i bought a couple hundred bulbs this past fall, thinking i'd have lots of time to plant them. :-)
well, i got about 50 in the ground (daffys, and crocus), but i still have all these tulip bulbs in my garage. it's been cool and dry, and they're in paper bags. i've got some small early irises which have sprouted already, but the tulips still look dormant.
is there anything i can do with them this year? is it too late to shove them into the ground? should i grow them in pots, maybe coddle them indoors for a bit this spring? or should i just store them in sand or something until next year?
-kelly USDA zone 8a Sunset zone 4 Snohomish, WA
culprit wrote:

Plant them in the ground now. They won't survive until next fall.
USDA Zone 8b

are we really in different zones? or are those zone maps just about impossible to read?
i guess i am in the foothills and you're closer to the water...
-kelly USDA zone 8a Sunset zone 4 Snohomish, WA
Screw the zones.
Stop with your dumb excuses and plant the freaking bulbs already.

culprit wrote:

Yes I'm closer to the water and that makes a big difference.
The zone map in the Sunset Western Garden book is easier to read.
USDA Zone 8b
Get off you lazy ass and plant them in the ground ASAP.

yeah, ok, just as soon as it stops snowing...
-kelly
Excuses...........excuses.