Budleja

I have two budleja's in my garden; one white & one lilac,they are both in flower at the moment but the white ones seems in distress, as all the flower heads are hanging as if in need of water,but I know this is not the case, any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks JD.

Reply to
James Duff

Most of the buddleia I've seen (at least the older ones, with large flowers) seem to 'droop' over, at least as far as bending in the middle. If the leaves look fine (not limp and drooping), I would tend to think that it's not necessarily in distress, just that the weight of the flower is causing the drooping.

Tracey

Reply to
Tracey

Is budleja the same as buddleia? Butterfly bushes certainly do droop naturally, but they can also be harmed by over watering. I next-to-never water mine & it looks great. I've used a bamboo pole to help train a "leader" so that it is developing a trunk, & becoming more upright than most butterfly bushes, since I also remove the lowermost floppy branches. Without SOME training they'll end up floppy octopi.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

That's what I was assuming. :)

Tracey

Reply to
Tracey

Yes, Tracey it is the one and same. JD

Reply to
James Duff

There is a variety that does flop quite a bit and it is usually white if my memory serves me correctly. Colleen zone 5 Connecticut

Reply to
GrampysGurl

Reply to
J Kolenovsky

Reply to
J Kolenovsky

Piggy-backing on this thread: I was about to query the NG re: SECOND BLOOM

I am in So Calif coastal. I did prune my Buddleia after it finished blooming in about May-June -- lost track exactly when.

Now it is blooming again.

Anyone else in this Zone, what has been your experience?

Thanks.

Reply to
Persephone