Broken Yellow Bell - D'oh!

For my birthday, DH let pick my gift from the nursery. I chose a nice 1 gallon Yellow Bell that will replace the fig tree broken off by evil squirrels.
The yellow bell made it home in one piece, but I dumped it on its head and snapped off the main branch while trying to remove it from the pot. Two smaller branches remain, both side shoots. I went ahead and planted it.
Do you think it will recover?
Genevieve, kicking herself! zone 9
On 4/19/04 1:29 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, "Genevieve"

I think so - I can't kill one up here in the north! Cheryl