bouganvellia being eaten by insects?

My bouganvellia flowers and many of the leaves are being eaten by some sort of insect, yet I've never heard of bouganvellia attracting many insects and I never see any insects on my bouganvellia. Every morning when I wake up more and more of it is eaten. Any idea what could be killing it? I live in Southern California in a zone 18 (but very close to a zone 19 and 21).

Thanks for any help in advance!

Reply to
nektir

Here's a google return for Bougainvillea pests. You may find what you're looking for:

Tara

Reply to
scfundogs