blueberry weak-green color problem solved

My blueberry leaves were turning a light green, showing their veins. The blueberries were fed cottonmeal and given a thick mulch of old sawdust. I decided to give the plants a (half) dose of Miracid three weeks ago, and the bushes have responded with a deep green color and loaded with berries. Wow! The change was amazing. I was a bit leary of fertilizing the bushes due to damaging the delicate root system they have, but now I now better. Perhaps the sawdust drew up all the nitrogen, I don't know.

TEST THE SOIL pH
On 16 Jul 2003 15:38:57 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com (Beecrofter) wrote:

It is acidic, like my entire property. I have dumped 500 pounds of lime over my lawn over the past 10 years and it still shows a pH ranging from 5.8 to 6.3. I'm thinking about using compost instead of the old sawdust, but old sawdust on blueberry bushes is what many books recommend.

5.8-6.3 is too alkaline for blueberries. you may run into the same problem again.
Could try using pine needles as a mulch. I put pine needles on my mom's and my blueberries every year and both of us have had pretty good results. I also Miracid them once or twice a year in the spring. My soil was kinda neutral to start with now it is on the acidic side, where it should be for blueberries.
Marty