Blood Meal to keep deer from eating trees

My question is does sprinkling blood meal around trees keep the deer from munching on them? Have had a few trees killed over the last winter from deer feasting on them and have replanted this year , but already one has signes of being attacked. I have heard that putting blood meal around them works but would like to hear from ppl here if they have used it and if it worked before I go out and buy a ton of the stuff.
Thanks Donna

it works... briefly. your best bet is to cage the trees until they get large enough to survive deer damage. yes, it's unattractive, but then so are dead overgrazed trees. other things that work briefly are soap (Irish Spring in particular), and hair trimmings. a large dog might help, or 8 foot electric fence around the yard perimeter (or 2 5' fences 3 to 4' apart. hard to jump across from a standstill). i'm guessing you live in a suburban area so a nice shotgun isn't an option? lee

male hair works best. Female hair often has a lot of chemicals on it.