Black-eyed Susans seeds

In the midst of pre-Fall cleanup, I notice how many seed heads I have. Would spreading these on the ground, or just poking the entire seed-head into the soil produce new plants next year, or should I take the seed heads inside for winter and re-plant in the Spring?
You need not take any special action other than letting the Rudbeckia seed themselves -- they will pop up all over the place next spring --
http://personal.ecu.edu/wuenschk/jpg/House&Rudbeckia02.jpg

You need not take any special action other than letting the Rudbeckia seed themselves -- they will pop up all over the place next spring --
http://personal.ecu.edu/wuenschk/jpg/House&Rudbeckia02.jpg

You need not take any special action other than letting the Rudbeckia seed themselves -- they will pop up all over the place next spring --
http://personal.ecu.edu/wuenschk/jpg/House&Rudbeckia02.jpg

On 09 Oct 2004 12:35:12 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (HA HA Budys Here) wrote:

The worst of your ideas is burying a seedhead. You definitely don't want a hundred seeds trying to germinate and grow in 1 square inch of ground. You'll have new plants no matter what you do. For optimum conditions, you might clean up the soil around the plants, and then scratch it up a bit to provide a hospitable surface for random seeds. Break up a seedhead or several and scatter the seeds driectly on the dirt. Save some to plant next spring if you like.