best spot for putting a new oak tree??

the tree is almost 9'', caliber 4', my neighbor told me that oak trees go inside the house when they grow old, is that correct?

and how far i should plant this tree anyhow, i wanna put somehwere on the east

Reply to
cell phone repair

somebody want to explain how a oak tree goes INSIDE a house when it gets older ? I think 'cell phone repair' has been hanging around in too many towers and gotten his brain fried !!

Reply to
Mommy Bartlo

I assume what your trying to say about inside the house, is that once the oak gets matured and a larger root growth it is prone to having roots migrate inside a foundation etc. This is true of most trees for the most part.

I have some huge oaks, and yes they do eventually work their roots to a foundation etc, so just make sure you have sufficient space for growth that will not incroach upon your basement or slab or drainage system etc.

Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

What variety of oak, and where do you live?

Some oaks have very deep roots and few surface roots. They cause little problems for pipes and foundations. Others have invasive surface roots.

Some oaks cannot be planted where they get summer water from lawn sprinklers. They rot and die. Others thrive on summer water. In some cases, this depends on whether the seedling and sapling stages were container grown.

Etc, etc.

Reply to
David Ross

They retire, start collecting social security, and don't have keep doing that shady job they've had their whole life.

Reply to
Mark Anderson

i am in Tampa, FLorida. i cant tel which variety, any web site where i can get more info?

thnx

Reply to
cell phone repair

See