best spot for putting a new oak tree??

the tree is almost 9'', caliber 4', my neighbor told me that oak trees go inside the house when they grow old, is that correct?
and how far i should plant this tree anyhow, i wanna put somehwere on the east
somebody want to explain how a oak tree goes INSIDE a house when it gets older ? I think 'cell phone repair' has been hanging around in too many towers and gotten his brain fried !!

In article snipped-for-privacy@enter.net says...

They retire, start collecting social security, and don't have keep doing that shady job they've had their whole life.
I assume what your trying to say about inside the house, is that once the oak gets matured and a larger root growth it is prone to having roots migrate inside a foundation etc. This is true of most trees for the most part.
I have some huge oaks, and yes they do eventually work their roots to a foundation etc, so just make sure you have sufficient space for growth that will not incroach upon your basement or slab or drainage system etc.
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:50:52 GMT, "cell phone repair"

Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com Opinions expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.
cell phone repair wrote:

What variety of oak, and where do you live?
Some oaks have very deep roots and few surface roots. They cause little problems for pipes and foundations. Others have invasive surface roots.
Some oaks cannot be planted where they get summer water from lawn sprinklers. They rot and die. Others thrive on summer water. In some cases, this depends on whether the seedling and sapling stages were container grown.
Etc, etc.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean