Beginner asks: When to plant?

Hello,
Different plants need to get into the ground at different times. But let's assume that I don't want to plant on 16 different dates, for each plant's optimum planting time. So, roughly speaking, how do I know when I should plant spring flowers?
One time a couple of years ago, I called the weather forecaster at the local TV station and asked him when he's going to plant.
What do you advise?
Thank you,
Ted Shoemaker Grey thumb
Madison, Wisconsin, US "typical" last frost date: May 13
43 deg 8' 26" North Latitude 89 deg 18' 28" West Longitude
USDA zone 4/5 AHS heat zone 4/5 Sunset zone 43
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:13:22 -0500, Ted Shoemaker wrote:

You answered your own question!
Read your post again carefully, near the end....
Add pictures here
✖

Išd add it is better to be a bit too late than a bit too early. Yet another reason to grow perennials as they seem to know all about it intimately.
Bill
--
Zone 5 S Jersey USA Shade garden in a Japanese manner
Vision problems? http://www.ocutech.com/ we own two.

Add pictures here
✖