Apple trees!

Followup, it is now spring 2011 and they are busting loose. Little buds of leaves everywhere and you can see the initial stages of flowers inside wanting to come out. The smaller one seems to have hit it's stride. I'm pretty sure I need to nip off at least some of the apples still, but it should be ok this year to let a few develop.

Any advice on how many? The Granny smith is bow about 7.5 ft tall and the Golden Delicious is about 6ft. I don't expect to get eating apples this year either. Squirrels will get'em but it's just gonna be fun to watch'em while they last (grin).

Reply to
cshenk

we never had trouble with squirrels. more with birds in the top of the trees.

apples go thru a fruit dr>>> Hi Tomj, This is a very old message. 9 April 2010.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago

Reply to
dr-solo