Another post-Sandy question

My composters were inundated with sea water in Sandy. Will earthworms survive and recover, or do I need to re-seed the bins with earthworms?
Chris
Chris wrote:

Make a pile on top with compost (not composting material) or soil with a high organic content at least 20cm deep. Keep damp. In two weeks turn over and inspect for worms.

It seems I am still in shock, and not thinking straight. I had to go to a website that suggested, as far as my lawn, I take a sample inside and try to grow it under optimal conditions. DUH. OK, time to get it together.
Thanks
Chris
Chris wrote:

did you take a look?
it's been long enough since Sandy to hatch new worms.
if the bins are kept above freezing you should see worms in there.
if not, replace the worm bedding and get some new worms from a leaf pile.
songbird

I have not really wanted to go out there recently. We cleaned up most of the debris but it's still pretty darned ugly. Sheesh. The only way to get it not-ugly is to get out there and get to work.

Gonna go check.

Thanks!
Chris
Chris wrote: ...