Agave Weberi

http://westerncactus.com/images/large/AGAVE%20WEBERI%20L.JPG
This is from Western Cactus.com
Closest I could get to the two big agaves in my garden. I want to add more to that area. A friend said I could have some from her too-closely packed bunch. But it seems hard/impossible to dig them out individually, they're so entwined.
Can you get the picture? If not, I'll take one and post.
Question: If I cut them off at the stem and replant, will they grow new roots? If the answer is "No" I won't bother.
TIA
HB
Higgs Boson said:

root them. Let the cut ends dry before gently settting them into a pot filled with a well-draining potting mix. Keep the rooting mix *barely* damp and keep the plants you are rooting out of direct sun and wind.
Leave them in the pots until they begin to show strong growth--don't rush to get them in the ground.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."
On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 5:33:38 AM UTC-7, Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Fabulous! Will get right on it.
Tx
HB