African violet

I won this little plant at a luncheon at least two years ago. It's very healthy; has the right kind and amount of light, but has never blossomed since.
RX?
Thanks
Persephone
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:25:57 -0800, Persephone wrote:

If it hasn't been repotted, give a slightly larger pot using African Violet potting soil. Examine the plant for mealy bugs or other insects. Make sure it has drainage. Give it early morning sun or 2" from fluorescent grow lights. You should see it blooming profusely in a few weeks. Give it regular AF feedings.

You can also remove a ring or two of outter leaves if it is very large. The blossums come with NEW leaf growth at the crown. The way to promote new growth is to remove old growth.

Thanks for detailed recommendations.
Brings up a number of questions:
1. Why is early morning sun better than other exposures?
2. What is "AF feedings"?
Thanks
Persephone
On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:04:58 -0800, Persephone wrote:

Morning sun won't burn AFs.

African Violet (AF) food. For example Schultz makes a plant food specifically formulated for AFs.

Hurray! About 1-1/2 months ago, plant put out beautiful violets. It must have been the combination of early morning sun coming in the back French doors, plus I put in some plant spikes.
I just LOVE it when something comes back to life!
Thanks for all the help!
Persephone
On Sun, 13 May 2007 13:47:33 -0700, Persephone wrote:

More light on AFs usually does the trick in getting them to bloom. An east window is ideal. I use Shultz AF food, but mine did not bloom until I gave them morning sun. AFs bloom exceptionally well under fluorescent lighting.