Advice needed for garden bench around tree

I realize this might not be the most appropriate newsgroup for this query, but hope someone here can steer me in the right direction. We want to build a bench around a large old tree trunk (we just had the tree cut down to about 14 feet and want to plant vines around it). I distinctly remember, some time ago, seeing a catalogue that carried the joint hardware for those hexagonal or octagonal benches that fit around trees; you supply your own planking or two-by-fours -- pretty much like the joint hardware for raised garden beds etc. I can't find it anywhere now. I've ransacked all my catalogues and gardening magazines, to no avail; they all either sell entire benches or kits that are fairly expensive. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can they point me to a source?
TIA.

I can't answer about the hardware you need, but I looked at this link today and did see this project.
http://www.u-bild.com/projects-outdoor/911.htm
Oren wrote:

Thank you, I may send for that plan.
you are looking for hardware for an octagon tree bench. it takes metal 45o angle metal joints. you may be able to find these at your local hardware store. a 4 sided object needs 90o a 6 sided object needs 60o an 8 sided object needs 45o Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at http://weloveteaching.com/puregold / sign up: http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?hl=en&q=puregold&qt_s=Group+lookup www.drsolo.com Solve the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site.
I'll make a note of that, thanks.