Advice needed for garden bench around tree

I realize this might not be the most appropriate newsgroup for this query, but hope someone here can steer me in the right direction. We want to build a bench around a large old tree trunk (we just had the tree cut down to about 14 feet and want to plant vines around it). I distinctly remember, some time ago, seeing a catalogue that carried the joint hardware for those hexagonal or octagonal benches that fit around trees; you supply your own planking or two-by-fours -- pretty much like the joint hardware for raised garden beds etc. I can't find it anywhere now. I've ransacked all my catalogues and gardening magazines, to no avail; they all either sell entire benches or kits that are fairly expensive. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can they point me to a source?

TIA.

Reply to
spampot

I can't answer about the hardware you need, but I looked at this link today and did see this project.

Oren

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site.

Reply to
dr-solo

Thank you, I may send for that plan.

Reply to