A new tradition for the Eve of Thanksgiving up in Fairy Holler?

Cheryl Isaak

Could this be a new tradition for the Eve of Thanksgiving up in Fairy Holler?

After having normal madness up here (normal for madgardener and her Catron Clan of assorted motley crew of a family ) the evening before and the actual day....(we traveled for the first time in quite a long time to celebrate the gathering instead of the family comin' over the river, thru the woods, up the ridge.......ect ect ect,) I had before me a day after everything had slowed down to do biddings to the fairies and the planted area.

I had more bulbs. No, let me explain.....I always knew of the insidious "sticky pot" syndrome. But no one told me about the even more dreaded "sticky bulb bag and package disease" with flare up's of "I gotta have more since they're reduced 50%, even if I don't know WHERE to put them" rashes.

(snip!) :)

I too have been been struck with "just one more bag of bulbs" syndrome - tiny Tarda tulips, snow and giant crocus, daffodils of all types, hyacinths and muscari. And the last planting of the year (I swear it was) was a box of daffodils that arrived from a friend along with the first snow. The ground will freeze here soon, just have to tuck one more pot in the holding bed! Ahhhhhhh the Tarda's!! And Princess! (these too are the Botanical's that I so adore.....how do your's do for you? Should I be adding some grit to the holes I make for them? I have more to write about and was just anxious to send it on it's merry way. ) I adore the Chinodoxia's too, but wonder if they'd do for me. And alliums.......my problem is when wild onions sneak into my constipated flower beds, I can't determine if they're wild or my planted alliums And here I am thinking of actually getting a few more bags of daffs or crocus (there were way too many crocus left over this time.....................) and if there are any muscari left......no snow drops were available this time, and I adore the larger one,but last year planted the smaller more delicate variety. And I've planted after a snow, but that was Nashville........and I was REALLY insane......

Cheryl

Reply to
madgardener

Alliums ­ I have some interesting cross breeding going - ³garlic chives², blue flowered ones, ³star burst² and a few others. I do have some interesting seedlings, but no energy to really follow them up. But one of the ³star burst² (suspect A. christophe) seedlings had a hint of blue....

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak