A new garden.

Well, yesterday I finally filled in the hole left by that big Miscanthus that I had DS remove for me. I pulled all the weeds, left the glads that seem to have survived since I planted them 15 years ago and added all the left over bags of soil, potting mix and compost to even it out. Gave it all a good dig in and planted

One sedum - unknown upright that was elsewhere in the yard, a variegated phlox, Coral Lights huechera, a Sweet William dianthus A piece of my Rudbeckia maxima Hens and chicks (actually, that is just a holding spot until I weed out it's permanent spot)

I'll move a mini daylily in there later.....

So, off to get some laundry folded and maybe I can weed this afternoon.

Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

You got a miscanthus out of the ground? A big one? I couldn't even budge mine. Fortunately move of it died during the winter three years back and I took advantage of it - killed the rest and have a lovely yellow baptisia there in its place (easier to see around at the end of the driveway)

Reply to
Ann

It was huge - 3 pieces, about 8-10 diameter pieces are in new spots in my gardens, 2 pieces, about 6 inch diameter, have gone to friends and numerous smaller pieces have headed to more distant friends.

It took DS about 5-6 hours to divide it and hack it out.

Cheryl Isaak

Oh, wow! You were busy....guess the injured finger must have felt up to the work. We just got back from the shrimp festival. It was really hot, but thankfully the heat wasn't as bad as it was here at home last week. (Actually, I am supremely grateful that the heat wasn't that bad as the AC is out on the van.) Got some laundry to catch up on, myself...part of it is in the wash now while I catch up on my mail & groups.

Reply to
rachael simpson

Rachel, sounds like you had fun! C

Reply to