Well, it was really only 1 and half. We went in early on Saturday because I
was worried about the little one getting overly hot as the temp went up.
(boy was she cranky - lots of fluids and some salty chips on the side of her
I've gotten the three beds on the east side of the house whipped more or
less into shape. I'm pulling the daylilies and other perennials out of the
former herb bed before I wash the deck it borders. After that, I'm cutting
back the vegetation that insists on trying to grown under deck, laying a
triple layer of landscaping fabric. Then it is time to order a yard or so of
gravel and spread. And fill up the drainage outside the walkout door with
the same gravel. Then I get to replant it, I think with shade lovers given
the change in the trees since we built the house.
The Crazy Quilt Bed, formally known as "Da bed" (original shape was a D),
is looking good, but think I am going to limb up the hemlock (it was
supposed to be a dwarf) about 12 inches and go from there. Maybe move some
shade lovers under there to keep the crazy quilt theme going there - lots of
color and texture. Thinking out loud, I should move all my daylilies with
stitching names in there.
DS has just about finished digging the drain area. Next he gets to rake the
dirt on to the lawn, pick rocks and add some grass seed to the new, decent
Today, we'll see how tired we are (DD and I) after marching in the Memorial
Day parade. I'll go hit the "long bed" (it is about 120 feet long) and start
weeding the paths that snake up and around.