30 Year old homes and landscape

Just got two 5 foot franklinias delivered. Now where to plant? I sort have been going toward a perennial garden for the last 25 years. Recently I'm inclined towards small trees.
Trouble is my 35 year old mistakes sort of belong where they are. I'm inclined to chain saw two magnolias as they bloom early bur frost burn often. Guess my wife and I with make further mistakes.
5 foot tree like a branch in a six inch pot seems small. Who knows how it will make and I can't remember what our 35 year old franklinia came here as. Guess Documenting has it virtues.
P.S. Our old one gave us August tree flowers for which I am Grateful.
Bill who must dig a few holes soon.
PS Charlie just tried to find Neil Young's "Journey into the past" a sound track for his movie in CD.. All I can find is an LP priced at US $ 99. I've got that LP and know A guy that transfer it to CD. Pricey :((
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

William Wagner said:
[...]

Just buy a USB turntable, and do it yourself. You could do any/all of your LP/45/78's. ;)
--

Eggs

Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.

Your right I can get a USB turntable for about the cost of having someone else do one LP for me. I have a "new Turntable" but it required some sort of power attachment so it sits. Never Heard of a USB turntable.
Gratefull Bill !
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

William Wagner said:

No problem. My friend has a pretty extensive LP collection, and that's what he did. Wasn't very expensive (relatively speaking), IIRC.
Good luck
--

Eggs

I planted some bird seed. A bird came up. Now I don't know what to feed it.
On 9/15/07 5:21 PM, in article 7pllj0eormrc$. snipped-for-privacy@sneupie.eingang.org, "Eggs

Hmm - I have some old favorites that I'd like have on the computer or on a CD for traveling. C
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:50:06 -0600, Eggs Zachtly

USB turntable? Never heard of it. I found an ad that says not to buy them. So, how do you record from album to CD?
http://www.dak.com/reviews/2020story.cfm?Ref=G&PM=LPCD&type=GSrch&Srh=usb_turntable
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
sf said:

They've been around for a few years.

From a company that wants you to buy /their/ system. That's another option. Most of my friends have phased the turntables out of their audio systems. If you don't have one, USB is an option. The link you posted is another option.
The point is, it's possible to save your vinyl, if it's in decent shape. With software, you can remove the traditional "pops" and "clicks" that are associated with the vinyl (if you so choose).

You record to your PC then burn to CD.
--

Eggs

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:50:10 -0400, William Wagner

Ahhhhh.......t'would be a shame to murderate the the magnolias, though I know exactly what you mean about most often getting frosted. Beautiful when they are working. Tend to be a bit fragile in old age as well.
Pricey I would guess! I haven't seen that one laying about anywhere, now that you mention it. Love Neil's work. First four releases are my favorites. "Tell Me Why" is favorite song. Know the lyrics? I just put it on, thanks for the prompt.
Charlie, riding the dark horse

Sailing heart-ships thru broken harbors Out on the waves in the night Still the searcher must ride the dark horse Racing alone in his fright. Tell me why, tell me why
Is it hard to make arrangements with yourself, When your old enough to repay but young enough to sell?
Tell me lies later, come and see me I'll be around for a while. I am lonely but you can free me All in the way that you smile Tell me why, tell me why
Is it hard to make arrangements with yourself, When your old enough to repay but young enough to sell?
Tell me why, tell me why Tell me why, tell me why
Enjoy!
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 20:00:11 -0400, William Wagner

Thoroughly!!
Master Young is an artist for whom I have the greatest respect, both musically and personally.
Watch those holes, they can get pretty deep.
Charlie
Planting http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html and Look up "Tree Planting" http://www.treedictionary.com
Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html and http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/ Look up "Mulch"
Sincerely, John A. Keslick, Jr. Consulting Arborist http://home.ccil.org/~treeman and www.treedictionary.com Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss.

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:50:10 -0400, William Wagner

Are you sure you have the name right? http://www.thrasherswheat.org/tnfy/e2f-neil-young-journey-through-past.htm
It's Journey Through the Past. I found quite a few for less than $99, but you never know what quality you'll get unless you hear it first.
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins

Journey through the past a sound track. Close but no cigar.
One word off....Not bad for a guy who listened to it 30 years ago.
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade