Zucchini oozing silicon

I have a garden that produces great zucchini, but I've noticed that when I cut them the "sweat" is a thick, silicon-like consistency. Is that a problem? What causes this?

Reply to
skirskir

this is how its supposed to be. It makes for a great picture. i think it is just the water and nutrients that is so abundant in the plant ozzing out when it is cut.

Sim> I have a garden that produces great zucchini, but I've noticed that

Reply to
Simon

Happens allot when someone sees there first garden fresh anything.

Suddenly it's "What is this? This is not what I get in the store!".

That's why I garden.

:-D

Reply to
CanopyCo