Yikes! Corn Flea Beetles

We have the un-luck to have gotten corn flea beetles in what was absolutely beautiful corn. I have visited many websites on this problem but I am not finding any way to control them or the disease they cause. It just says to plant resistent varieties next year. :( Is it true there is no control for them? Shall we just give up on the corn? ::sniffs:: Missouri Z 5b.
Phaedrine Stonebridge wrote:

Regular(?) flea beetles are controlled with Sevin. You might read the label on a bottle and see what dose etc to use for corn, if applicable. One thing I found, Sevin and pumpkins DO NOT like each other. 'kins are almost dead...grrrr....
We have the un-luck to have gotten corn flea beetles in what was absolutely beautiful corn. I have visited many websites on this problem but I am not finding any way to control them or the disease they cause. It just says to plant resistent varieties next year. :( Is it true there is no control for them? Shall we just give up on the corn? ::sniffs:: Missouri Z 5b.
no you don't have to give up on your corn. Just make sure you water your corn every day and use mulch
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (HomeGrownVegies) wrote:

Are flea beetles a problem caused by not enough water then?