woo hoo!

So, on my way to the In-Law's house we pass their recycling center and what do I see... gigantic bins full of all kinds of tires, big, small, from tractor to motorcycle. I believe that today I'll be calling for permission to go fetch some of those tires for my garden! Yay! :D
Heather H.
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:24:05 GMT, Heather

Large ones are good: we haven't been able to get any really large ones.
Tire stores are happy to give them away, at least in our experience (otherwise they need to *pay* to dispose of them).
See: http://www.tirecrafting.com for lots of projects/ideas using old tires.
Yes, the man is selling a book and the price is high. I have the book, and I think it's worth the price for people who wouldn't be able to work out these ideas themselves: me, for instance. Some people might be able to work the ideas out for themselves and probably wouldn't then think that the book is worth the price.
Even the website can give you ideas. Look at the pictures of composters, for example:
http://www.tirecrafting.com/funbook2/13composter/composter.htm
Or click on 'Mexican pottery'. Some of these are really pretty - I'd like to make two for our front porch, to plant flowers in. I don't like the ones sitting on a base, I like the ones without a base. I could paint them to match the trim on our house.
We're doing tire-gardening and have 64 tire planters (so far). We hope to build a hoophouse shortly and will use about 24 more tire-planters in it.
Pat
--
To email me, remove the spam trap and type my first
name in its place.