Transplanted pomegranates about a month or so ago now leaves are turning yellow...

Hello...

I live in the middle of South Carolina..

ANyway, transplanted pomegranate shrubs..they were abotu a foot tall at the time... into the ground at my house. Used some compost mixed with the normal soil there. Little bit of Miracle grow fertilizer put a little bit into the soil...been watered probably once a day or so.

Now, I haev found that pruning the shrubs helps ... I pruned one down very far recently and it grew back a lot of great leaves but then some leaves were yellow. I just now pruned it again.

Is more pruning the answer? I have also gotten rid of the other yellow leaevs on the other plants by pruning mostly.

What could be the cause though of this yellowing?

Reply to
Zarlot

That is not a normal watering cycle. An inch of water no more than 2 times a week would be better. Pomegranates are tough and don't need a lot of TLC!!

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J