Tomatoes look greatm but fruit-set is slowing down........

So here on HOT Long island, my big beef and other tomatoes seem to be doing well - big (7 foot+) plants with lots of fruit that's just begining to show the blush of ripening. But the fruit set of these plants has slowed down. I have lots of flowers near the tops of the plants, and I give them a tap to aid pollination, but now, if I have a cluster of 5 flowers, it typically results in only 1 or 2 fruits - the other flowers die without producing fruit. In past months 5 flowers would mean 4 or 5 fruit. Any tips for increasing my production? Fertilizer? More water? or is this just a side effect of the plants having so much fruit to support already? Thanks in advance for any info!

Most tomatoes do not set well when it is extremely hot.
--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation,
TRY SHADE CLOTH AND A FAN TO LOWER TEMP. TOMATOES SLOW DOWN IN EXTREME HEAT. THIS WORKS FOR ME IN S.E. LOUISIANA. GOOD LUCK.

It sounds like it is just too hot for them to set.