This is What It's All About

We picked the first bunch of chioggia beets, an Italian heirloom, also known as bulls-eye. Very mild and sweet.
Had them thinly sliced on a bed of Forellenschuss lettuce, along with the beet tops. Added green onion and a little basil, from the garden.
Topped with EVO, garlic, and feta.
Unbeatable flavor.
This is what gardening is about. Real food, produced by us, harvested by us, prepared by us, and free from any personally introduced contaminants.
Care Charlie
<Charlie> wrote in message

Do those personally introduced contaminanats include drool? ;-)

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 06:20:27 GMT, "Lilah Morgan"

Not if it is mine! ;-)
Charlie
Hi Charlie,
Glad to hear of your success! Sounds like a great lunch too. So far all our garden has produced are blossoms, plenty of ants, and a couple of cayenne peppers. Hope we will have more produce in a couple of weeks. Those durned goats really put us behind with the garden, having to replant so many times and all. Oh, and wyatt's pizza didn't grow either, (of course!). Thankfully he seems to have forgot about it. Well, time to face the day, gotta get things in order for mom's b-day supper tonight.
Congrats on your garden, Rae
<Charlie> wrote in message

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:16:36 -0400, "Rachael Simpson"

Too bad about the pizza...that would be a winner for sure.
Care and needing to be more careful about leaving the sock drawer open Charlie