Spring!!!

As spring hits the northern hemisphere, what are you planning for the coming season?

Okay, I am not a hobby gardener or a family gardener. I am a minor produce farmer, very minor farmer. The goal this season is to plant and harvest at least three acres of produce and grain. This is a chemical free/ organic farm.

Produce gardens are to include tomatoes, bell pepper, sweet corn, a variety of melons, gourds at a distance from the melons, green beans, peas, leaf lettuce and a variety of radishes.

Herb gardens are to include a wide variety of culinary herbs. Choices not yet complete. There will be some space for perennial herbs. Annual stock may be added to the produce garden.

Grain fields will have sunflower, wheat, field corn, soy bean and millet. I would also like a small patch of cotton for spinning. Oats, rye and barley will be planted if I can find the seed.

This will all be planted, grown and harvested by hand. Unless I get real lucky and one or more of the horses agrees to help. Frost date here is April 15. For now I am planting things that can handle the cold. That will be the peas, beans, lettuce and radishes. And it is time to prune the fruit vines and trees.

Reply to
Vandy Terre

Certified organic seedsman.

search for barley listing

Reply to
Brosit!

Reply to
Vandy Terre

You are welcome.

Another good source for that which you seek, and a larger selection:

I use them as well. Reputable and dependable. Fast service.

Reply to
Brosit!