Slugs + Iron Phosphate, Good or bad?

Have a slug problem everywhere. Some 'escar-go' which is Iron Phosphate seems to do the trick. We are trying not to chem up our food garden too much. The beer in cup method worked, but this year there were thousands of slugs. Anyone hear anything good/bad about this?
In article

Nuthin' but good results from "Sluggo" and the Home Despot offering. It is a salt that breaks down into 2 human nutrients. Can be used to the day of harvest, and is safe for kids and animals, unless you hit them with a full box;O)
--

- Billy

Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common
sometime in the recent past Darrell Ulm posted this:

Of course there were thousands of the slimey bastards this year - the word got out your were giving away FREE BEER!
I switched to the iron phosphate for just the reason you stated, but I haven't seen a side by side testing to determine the uptake into the fruit or edible portions. The beer works, but it seems you need enough beer to drown them and with the daily rain, it gets diluted quickly.
Chickens and ducks work well if you can fence them out of your garden or raised beds, but that's a chore in itself.
--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3

'Wilson[_2_ Wrote: > ;858232']sometime in the recent past Darrell Ulm posted this:-

> food

> word

> fruit

> or

Instead of beer use dry cat food as bait. apparently it works very well. I've not tried it yet as I have been using a slug nematode with excellent results. Not sure what you can do with the slugs when you have caught them.
Bigal
--
Bigal