Re: Kumquat Tree

On Wed 18 Feb 2004 02:01:39p, WiGard wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@yaho.com:

> >> If a kumquat tree is grown from a seed, how long would it take to bear >> fruit? > >
for details. Click in > left column on how to propagate.

That site doesn't say how long it would take a kumquat tree to bear fruit.

Reply to
Snubis

is another site. I like the part where it says that the plant is rarely grown from seed due to the fact that it does not do well on its own roots. Rather, grafting seems to be the propagation method of choice.

is another reference.

Guessing, if you are lucky you may see blooms in 7 years.

Reply to
WiGard

I've read that key limes will fruit in about 3 years from seed. I would expect kumquats to be about the same.

Best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob