Re: ?? ginger (Zingiber officinale)

Derald wrote:

I haven't grown it myself but it is grown in Oz commercially in subtropical zones with warm humid days in summer. It is planted in spring and harvested between late summer to late autumn depending on the intended purpose. The flavour and texture of the rhizome changes with age. I cannot see how it is ever going to be 'cut and come gain' as you cut the rhizome and without that the plant cannot grow. If you are in a cold temperate region I don't like your chances of success at all, if you have a long warm summer I suggest planting when the soil warms up in spring and digging most when the tops dies down in autumn. You could dig some earlier and see if you prefer the flavour.