Quick Decay of Tomatoes

Birds have been pecking on my tomatoes this Summer so I have been picking them a bit green, and then letting them sit on a window sill (no direct sun) to ripen -- but they are hardly ripe before they deteriorate (maybe 2-3 days). Is there a better or preferred method for this? Thanks!

The best thing is to give the birds a source of water nearby. That should stop them from pecking.
The rotting is a whole different thing, I'd say it's due to some form of blight.
HTH, Steve
Steve Peek wrote:

we have never had this problem and have many birds around, so i'd say you're right about that. i'm not sure if they'll stop immediately as they might need time to figure it out.
net the plants to keep the birds away and leave the fruits on the plants.

no trouble i know of. more likely the sill is too hot even if it doesn't get direct sun. i'd put them in a paper bag and put them someplace away from a window. make sure they are undamaged and dry to start with.
songbird