Preying (praying?) mantis eggs

Anyone here ever purchase a preying mantis egg case for the garden?
I called futuregarden.com, and spoke to 2 different clueless teenagers who not only couldn't answer any questions about hatching environment, but couldn't even tell me what the shipping charge would be!
I think I paid $7 for 2 egg nests a couple of months ago from a home improvement center. I put them in 2 different areas of the yard in the branches of large plants about 1 ft off the ground. They little buggers are now about 1.5 inches long and very active. I run into many of them while weeding. The nests weigh practically nothing so I can't imaging the shipping charge would be much. It's getting a little late in the season for them however.

That's what I was wondering. I think I'll wait until next year.
The high shipping is because they have to ship Next Day, because they're considered perishable.
"Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com" <> wrote:

Especially during this current weather. ;-)
I bought one last spring so my population of them is up now.
I like them!
Do look around tho', they are highly available from many gardening sites. Google is your friend!
I need to get more lacewing eggs to control scale and mealy bug, and I may also consider getting some baby ladybugs for the greenhouses.
Can one get ladybug larvae or only the adult beetles?
I'll have to follow my own advice and google...... <G>
--
Om.

Usually we have lots around here (SoCal desert) but so far this year I've not seen any. Normally by midsummer there are 3 or 4 big ones camped on my porch (along with a couple toads), and I see the same ones there for the rest of the season. Plus lots of small ones mostly in the pine trees. So far not a one. Wonder where they went?? The toads are still here...
~REZ~