Pasilla Negros and sunscald in Denver - Hows the weather in Mexico?

I am growing a lot of Pasilla Negros in Denver this year and have begun seeing sunscald on some of the pods. The plants do not have a heavy canopy compared to the NuMex 6-4s and Anaheims I commonly grow, and I'm thinking the sun here at 5000+ feet might be too intense for this variety. Thinking of using some shade cloth over them. My theory is that, while Mexico has the rain and warmth, it might also have more cloudy days or perhaps, being lower in elevation, a hazier sunlight. Does anyone here have experience with Pasillas vs. a more "common" chile type?
thanks,
sa
In article

There is also lurking in the background. We have good years and we have bad years . This year is kind of unique .
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?
+semi-ambivalent said:

I do know that the wild ancestor of chili peppers typically grows under a tree or shrub, having been 'planted' by a bird. Leads me to suspect that a bit of shade in the middle of the day might be a good thing, especially with chili cultivars that haven't been bred for mass production.
Throw in your elevation and it might even be vital.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI