Official start of my 2005 Gardening Season

Today I started the first seeds for six types of onions, two types of shallots, and Chinese celery.

It felt *good*!!

And I mailed in another seed order today too.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be starting the first of the cabbage family varieties, lettuces, and so on.

I'm also very glad that I thought to pick up an extra bag of ProMix last fall, because *none* of the stores I checked last week had any seed starting materials in stock yet. No doubt they'll get the stuff in in March or April.

It may be freezing outside, but it's warm and bright under my plant light.

Nyssa, who can't wait for the last frost date to get here to Zone 7

Reply to
Nyssa

We bought our seed potatoes today, also some garlic (Fokhagyma) and shallots(Red sun). Bulbs that is, not seeds.

The starting gun has been fired. :-))

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Come on guys, don't do this to me! It's still 9 or 10 weeks before I dare to even start my tomatoes. Here, only the hardiest things dare go in the garden before June 1st. It's usually to wet to work up the garden before that anyway.

Steve (the other one) in the Adirondacks

Reply to
Steve