My basil plants look funny

Normally I plant lemon or sweet basil. The store didn't have any, so this year I planted some other variety. A bunch of plants popped up, but their leaves look a bit like oak leaves, with jagged edges, and some have already started flowering here in NY even though it's only June.
Is this basil? Or did some weed sneak in? It's new dirt from the store, but anything's possible.
Also, if anybody knows a website with pictures of different basil leaves, that would help.
Thanks!
Normally I plant lemon or sweet basil. The store didn't have any, so this year I planted some other variety. A bunch of plants popped up, but their leaves look a bit like oak leaves, with jagged edges, and some have already started flowering here in NY even though it's only June.
Is this basil? Or did some weed sneak in? It's new dirt from the store, but anything's possible.
Also, if anybody knows a website with pictures of different basil leaves, that would help.
Thanks!
I Don't know but there are several different types of basil. You coul
maybe do a basil search of the web and find pictures of the differen types.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Wrote:

-- Maryc
On 10 Jun 2005 15:15:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Haven't y'all had a heat wave up there? That might be stimulating the basil to bloom.
It's still raining here in South Carolina. <sigh>

Google is your friend....
http://www.uni-graz.at/~katzer/engl/generic_frame.html?Ocim_bas.html
Penelope
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Does it smell and taste like basil? If so, you have a variety of basil.
--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation,