Mondo/Monkey grass

Due to the shading of my now dirt paved front yard (that used to be lush with St. Augustine), I'm attempting to plant a "lawn" made of Mondo grass.

The first thing I have done is to fence it off from the border collie.

Any hints to increase the rate of spread? Have purchased some Medina Hastagrow for a start and am planning to till in some good compost.

The soil is a mess right now and the front yard looks like hell...

Mondo plugs are bloody expensive. I'd like to save money and only plant, say, 100 to 200 small plugs and I don't want to wait 2 years for it to fill in if I can help it?

I am NOT cutting down trees! I like the shade. ;-)

Reply to
Omelet