moldy peat pots

I'm filling peat pots with soilless mix and keeping them moist, but the sides are getting a bit moldy. Is this a problem? How do I prevent it if it is?
Thanks.
On 28 Feb 2004 10:06:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@taconic.net (Chris) wrote:

A "little mold" isn't great cause for concern. When you have warmth and moisture and a good growing medium, stuff grows. If your seedlings are healthy, there probably isn't a significant problem. Good air circulation and not over-watering should keep them healthy. "Cool and wet" is ideal for fungus. A sterile starter mix should reduce the chance of lethal fungi taking hold, but even so, molds and spores in the air may take advantage of a comfy spot. Not usually a cause for great concern.