Japanese beetle concern

I remember a time when Japanese beetles were as plentiful as buffalo around here. This year there are almost none, even on the grape vines we planted for them.
Great Scot! What could be wrong?
--
Until next time,
Marcey

Non-primitive communities take the trouible to innoculate the ground with a pathogen specific to this pest. It usually takes two or three years for the JB population to be gathered to The Great Entomologist.
There may, of course, be a few individuals that survive the plague, as in all such cases. If, as you seem to be saying, you are planting specifically for their benefit, you may succeed in maintaining an immune population through the hard times, so that your apparent longing for "the good old days" of Japanese-Beetle- carpetted acres may be rewarded by the resurgence of the descendants of these hardy insect souls. Keep up the good work.
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

I've noticed the same thing here in NE OH. No complaints here!

They all come here.
--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and
NO!!!! they came HERE!!! (central new hamster---20 minutes from vermont who is REALLY inundated with 'em)

We have them too here in the Northern Suburb of the Nations capital (Maryland). They have eaten the grape wine, roses, and their growth. I have peach plant, couple of plum plants (trees) - stanging without any leaves. I think first the cicadas got to the branches and now the Japanese beattles.

noticed the same thing here in northern Indiana... Also, last year had a noticeable decline; this year, practically zilch...