Jalapeno and Serano Pepper Plants

I planted six plants total last spring, 3 jalapeno and 3 Serrano, and these pearls produced throughout our very mild winter. Now that spring has sprung in my region (Zone 9), these same six plants are growing stupendously. Should I continue to allow them to grow? Will they produce with the same zeal and zest from last year's full season? Will the peppers be woody or have other unfavorable characteristics because of plant age? Should I plant an all new 4" crop?
Many thanks!
The Ranger
On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:17:11 -0700, "The Ranger"

They should be fine. Peppers are considered to be perennials.
I overwinter a couple of peppers in the house every year, one, the Grenada Seasoning, is on its third season. I prune mine back a bit when I first bring them outside, but that's probably not necessary since yours were overwintered outside.
Penelope
Penelope is correct, they will be ok. Peppers are a perenial plant except in warmer area. The plants will get woody yet this will not slow growth or production. This year having a larger plant you should have a larger harvest. Assuming soil and weather conditions are good
Good Luck
DanS The Pepper Center http://www.peppercenter.com