It's Summer, Y'all

    Well, in the Northern hemisphere, it is:

    And, man, is it ever. Overnight low 78, F (approx 26, C); afternoon high 93, F (approx. 34, C). August should really be nice ;-). I'm shading tomatoes, eggplant, bell peppers, yellow squash, cucumbers. Considering shading the immature field peas and snap beans. Hand pollinating tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, eggplant and watching the peppers and beans closely for signs of incomplete pollination. This time of year, European honeybees and all but the hardiest of native pollinators go on hiatus. Honeybees start carrying water instead of flower juice at temps above 90, F, (approx. 32, C) and often overnight under leaves instead of trying to journey back to their hives.
Gratuitous Aside: Handy conversion site <http://www.onlineconversion.com/ .
--
Derald
FL USDA zone 9a

e is known as the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere contrary

ts date varies from

he June

n June 21 in

, C); afternoon high

g tomatoes,

of

the

er

ften

A beautiful, humid day in the north, too! Happy Summer!
You all know much about this topic. I am very impressed with the understanding that you have towards this subject.
-Misterspartan