Great gardening resources on BHG.com

Has anyone used the Plan-A-Garden feature on the gardening section of the Better Homes and Gardens website? (This is the link: http://www.bhg.com/bhg/gardening )
It is really fun to play around with - is something like this helpful for anyone?
They also have a useful plant encyclopedia with lots of exotic pictures. Such a nice break from this cloudy day in D.C.
You should warn people that this site is full of advertising, plus they force you to join their organization before they give out any info. The old bait and switch.
Sherwin D.
helena wrote:

It's worth signing up for, in my opinion. The site is incredibly feature-rich, and I haven't found the ads to be a distraction. After all, it's a small price to pay, given that all content on the site is free. Has anyone else found it to be useful?

I particularly despise websites that throw up boxes constantly trying to get you to subscribe, covering any content below. Until they get rid of that annoyance I will not be joining anything. I read my mother's copy of BH&G.
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked

I know what you mean. Most websites these days don't have any popups. But it doesn't bother me too much when I'm on BHG. If I'm not interested in the ad, I can just click it closed. I haven't really found a website that combines so many aspects of gardening, cooking and decorating all under one roof - so it still gets my vote!