Franks Nursery & Craft going out of business

I'm going to miss them. I loved going in and getting perennials they forgot to water for a fraction of the original price. I got some nice veggie plants for the garden this year in addition to the ones I started from seed.

We bought some apple trees from them this year for an incredible price. My husband happened to walk in while they were marking them down and he bought them out save but one or two. I went back that evening to get the ones he left but they were gone. The trees are doing great.

Mary

Reply to
Mary McHugh

Hmmm.... I am not in nursery business, but I am in business. They have been too kind. That's finished them off. What a pity - a common business mistake. Would you have minded paying a little more to make sure hey were still there at your convenience? Regards, Andr0:)

Reply to
andr0meda

They may have had good prices on stuff they couldn't sell, but their price and selection in the prime Spring season were awful. This spring I resolved to never return,

Reply to
Boboed

I think that varied store by store. There were several in my area. The one closest to me had a great selection and a really good nursery manager. Of the other two, one had good selection of stock but the other never did.

Mary

Reply to
Mary McHugh

I didn't buy everything discounted there. I spent plenty of $$$ on full priced merchandise.

I thought their full price was pretty average compared to the other stores (more than Home Depot, less than Agway, etc.) but they carried a bigger selection of garden related items than Agway or the other home & garden place nearby. I won't buy gardening stuff from Home Cheapo unless I'm desperate.

Yes, I will miss the convenience of their store. They opened earlier, closed later and were open on Sundays.

This spring I bought some Chef Jeff's eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes from them to supplement what I started myself. They were some of my best performers in the garden.

Mary

Reply to
Mary McHugh