Deer Gate is a cattle gate?

I'm making a deer fence and hope to avoid the hassle of making and using gates. How about a cattle gate? I would think a homemade one could be done like a deck, but with the treated 2x4s on edge with 1.25" gaps inbetween (I would like 1.5", but there may be a safety issue with larger gaps). My thought is to make it simple 8' x 8' with the 2x4s mounted on an 8' x 8' set of 2x4s spaced at 3" so I could drive my truck on it if needed.
Thanks for the comments!
Bill
bill wrote:

Traditional cattle guards use metal pipe or large diameter rods. The roundness is part of what makes animals uneasy in crossing. Do you think 2x4s - even stood on the narrow end will hold your truck ? BTW Deer can easily jump eight lateral feet - if they really want to get somewhere.
Dorothy

Whitetails can also clear an 8' high fence, so I wonder how high that deer fence is.
bill wrote:

http://www.freybrothersinc.com/FREYHTML/CatlGrd1.html

(I
set
Won't stop deer. You need bigger spaces to stop cattle for that matter.
Jena