Curly Leaf lettuce Harvest

How do I harvest this stuff? Peel off the leaves or just cut it to the ground? MJ

I always cut the outer leaves with scissors and let the inner leaves grow. I do the same with Swiss chard and both types tend to grow as long as they can until the heat gets higher.
George Shirley wrote:

Yep. "Cut and come again"
David Hare-Scott wrote:

And again and again and again ...
--
Snag

On Fri, 30 May 2014 06:28:18 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Hi, MJ. Add my vote to the others: cut the outer leaves and the plant will keep producing.
I don't harvest the entire head of leaf lettuce until it's nearing the end of its season as it grows hotter.
On Friday, May 30, 2014 10:28:42 PM UTC-4, bluechick wrote:

Thanks everyone and that is exactly what I will do :) MJ
On 31/05/2014 12:28 PM, bluechick wrote:

That's when I let mine go to seed and then harvest the seed heads for planting next year or strewing round the garden hoping some will self seed - they usually do and some in some very strange places.
On Saturday, May 31, 2014 5:03:40 AM UTC-4, Fran Farmer wrote:

That's the thing, these plants were self starters. I had no luck at all last year when I actually planted the seeds. It has just been weird but Salad here I come MJ
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

In the last week or so it's like someone flipped a switch on my lettuce . Romaine and Iceberg are both now growing faster than we can eat it . Now if only they'd get in sync with the tomatoes ...
--
Snag

On 5/31/2014 7:06 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Ain't gonna happen, would make the little gods of the garden mad if you could have BLT's every day.