Compost?? or not??

I have brocchili (20) cabbage (15) Cauliflower (12) and a few Brus Spts. When removing bottom leaves, should I compost them or toss em'?? and the cabbage root... I know these beasts deplete the soil, but I have also heard that the remains can carry over eggs and other problems. I HAVE HAD VISITS FROM Cabbage worms who are now gone. I live in zone 5-6 St louis area. Thanks Joe Mc
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Compost them. Don't worry about cabbage worms. Even if you could eliminate them from your garden, the adults would just fly in from the neighbors anyway.
Steve