coffee grounds?

Hi folks, I've gotten a couple of bags of coffee grounds from Starbucks, but am not quite sure how to use them in my garden. I don't have a lot of stuff planted yet, just strawberries, potatoes, a couple of artichokes, and some red onions and red cabbage that aren't quite done yet. There are several beds with favas that I'm going to turn into the soil, and several others just sitting empty.

What's the best thing to do with the coffee grounds?

Thanks, karen

Reply to
Karen Zack

They give 'em away? Cool. I'll have to check into that (I don't drink the nasty stuff myself.. to me it tastes like burnt dirt :) Our so-called native soil is devoid of organics, and you have to be careful what you add, to avoid attracting the endemic ground termites.

In Montana, we just spread 'em around any which way, and scraped 'em into the top inch or so of the soil if we felt ambitious.

~REZ~

Reply to
Rez

I get about 15 pounds of coffee grounds a day from a nearby Starbucks. I put some directly around plants and add most of it to the compost pile. Either way works great.

Reply to
Compostman

I just put coffee grounds, filter and all, in the composter.

Susan Harvey

Reply to
susan