Cherry tomato's arent turning red

I have a number of cherry tomatoes on my plant, and they are very good sized. They are about 2" in diameter each. However, they aren't even starting to turn red, their still all green. I don't think cherry tomatoes get much bigger than mine, so how big must they get before they will ripen?

Patience is a virtue, especially for a gardener.
Penelope

Don't worry, they will turn red when they are ready! :-)
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell--you
On Tue, 31 May 2005 07:56:05 -0500, Katra

Well, we probably all could use that reminder sometimes.

My sister, who is new to gardening, was asking my mother and me this past weekend what supplement she had to add to get her tomatoes to turn. My mother has had one ripe tomato and is about to have another, and it's driving my sister crazy. I tried to explain about microclimates, and that mother's tomato plants are tucked up next to a brick wall where what little warmth we've had this spring was reflected back to the plants, but I don't think that was the answer she was looking for.
Penelope, who has lots of green tomatoes right now, too.

Ever tried them lightly breaded and fried? :-) Fried green tomatoes really are quite the treat! My sister used to raid my vines for large greenies before she moved to Arizona........
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell--you
Katra wrote:

Of course we could add that if they keep getting bigger before they turn, you might want to file a complaint with the person who sold them to you as cherry tomatoes. :-)
Steve

2" seems large for cherry tomatoes. Regardless, they will turn red after they are fully mature. Mother nature takes care of all of that.
--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation,